This post may contain affiliate links which give me a small commission at no extra charge to you.
What do you need for a newborn baby checklist?
When it comes to baby essentials or newborn must haves, this printable baby checklist is the only newborn baby shopping list you’ll need!
THIS POST INCLUDES A FREE DOWNLOADABLE, PRINTABLE BABY ESSENTIALS CHECKLIST BELOW!
This FREE printable PDF includes all the baby stuff and baby gear to get you ready for your newborn… quickly!
You can also use this easy planning list as a baby registry checklist, setting up the nursery checklist, or to plan for your upcoming baby shower.
Simply download it (below), and print out this pregnancy checklist of EVERYTHING you need for your new baby.
I’ve also included some of my favorite new mom and baby product recommendations to help you decide on what to buy!
Newborn Baby Checklist- Here’s what you’ll need…
You won’t forget any baby must haves with this ultimate newborn baby checklist.
Not sure what you’ll need?
Here is a basic newborn shopping list + some of my all-time favorite baby gear picks…
Feel free to tweak this list if you wish to include other infant necessities OR if you prefer a more minimalist list of baby items.
This printable newborn checklist is a great starting point for your baby planning to do list!
Baby Nursery Essentials
- Crib or bassinet
- Crib sheets and/or bassinet sheets
- Waterproof bed protectors (for YOUR bed!)
- Portable crib for travel
- Sound machine – here’s my favorite one!
- 4-5 receiving blankets
- 2-3 newborn swaddles – my 2 favorites!
- Rocking chair
- Baby monitor
- Cool mist humidifier
Diapering Supplies for your Baby Checklist
- 1-2 packages newborn diapers – best all-natural disposable diapers!
- 2-4 packages size 1 diapers
- Baby wipes or washcloths
- Changing table & pad (or)
- Portable diaper changing caddy
- Diaper pail + refills
- Diaper cream – best all-natural baby care products!
- 3-4 changing pad covers
- Diaper bag
Newborn Size Clothing
- 4-8 Onesies (tops)
- 4-8 Bottoms
- 2-3 Blanket Sleepers (winter baby)
- 2-3 Sweaters or jackets
- 4-8 Undershirts
- 4-8 Pajamas or night gowns
- 2-3 Dress up outfits
- 4-5 Socks or booties
- 2-3 Newborn sleep caps
- 2-3 Hats (sun or cool weather)
- Winter baby sack (if needed)
- Baby bathtub
- 2-4 Baby bath towels
- 5-10 Baby washcloths
- Hairbrush/comb set
- Baby shampoo – my favorite organic baby body/hair wash!
- Body wash
- Baby lotion
Other Baby Checklist Necessities
- Car seat
- Baby-wearing carrier (my best picks)
- Baby swing or bouncer chair
- High chair
- Baby toys
- Infant books
- Tummy time play mat – really like this one!
Health Essentials for Baby
- Baby thermometer
- First aid kit
- Baby nail clippers
- Bulb syringe/nasal aspirator
- Medicine dropper
- Saline nasal drops
Feeding Must Haves
This list will vary depending on your feeding choices.
For example, if you are exclusively bottle-feeding or pumping, then you will obviously need more bottles than someone who is mostly planning to breastfeed.
You should plan on at least 8-10 newborn feedings every day.
Remember, you will also need bottles if you plan to pump or store pumped breastmilk.
- 8-10 + Bottles (4oz + 8oz)
- Newborn size nipples
- Bottle brush for cleaning
- 4-8 Burp bibs
- 5-10 Burp cloths
- 3-4 Newborn pacifiers – I really LOVE these!
- Boppy pillow + case
- Bottle drying rack
- Bottle warmer?
- Formula mini storage containers – these are great!
- Breast pump + parts
- Nipple cream – this is my favorite organic one 🙂
- 3-5 Nursing bras
- Nursing cover – I love this one!
- Breastfeeding Pocket Guide – I recommend this one
Any other baby gear that YOU think is essential to a Newborn Baby Checklist?
Please share your thoughts in the comments!